Hands up who else goes to bed really motivated to start the day with a super healthy breakfast only to wake up craving something else altogether? Excellent! Now, raise the other hand if you’ve been personally victimised by a sneaky muffin basically throwing itself at you on the way to work because it seems way more appealing. Welcome to the club of something billion, it’s called the “we’re all human and sometimes we want a damn muffin without the side of guilt for breakfast!”
As a proud member of this club and recipient of a generous goodie box from my friends at Natvia Natural Sweetener, I give you the perfect solution. A Strawberry Yoghurt Muesli Muffin without the sugar, gluten and guilt. I mean, I think we’ll shorten that name a little, but you’re welcome. Read on for one seriously delicious breakfast option that will make you completely okay with the fact that you were just taking orders from a computer. You can put your hands down now.
- 1 Cup GF Flour
- ¾ Cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 Cup Natvia
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup / 70g melted Lactose Free Butter (My Life Bio / Nuttelex)
- ¼ Cup wheat free oats / rolled rice flakes (dependent on allergies)
- ½ Cup roughly chopped mixed berries (raspberries and strawberries)
- ¼ Cup mixed seeds (pepita, sunflower, poppy)
- 180g Lactose Free Yogurt (Zyml’s does a great one!)
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Combine flour, almond meal, baking soda and Natvia
- Whisk egg, vanilla and melted butter – stir into the dry mix
- Add Yogurt, berries, oats and seeds – mix well
- Pour into muffin tray and bake at 180 Degrees for approx. 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Devour. Or store them in an airtight container and eat them for breakfast like you originally planned. We’re all friends here, we don't judge.