I like peanut butter a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. Like, if peanut butter were something one could marry, then we would be one very, very happy couple. With that slightly weird confession off my chest, I use this ingredient in many of my recipes and actually make a "caramel" out of it that is ridiculously good as well as allergy friendly. Food of the Gods, I'm telling you. Anyway, of late I have also been loving pop corn, and, being lucky enough to have been sent a "Goodness Me Box" this month - if you have not heard of it, definitely Google them - I decided to see what I could combine with all of this fun to create something super sweet and super yummy. Without further ado, I give you my very messy, and very good "Cocomel Popcorn Slice." Please note a direct quote from a recent taste tester, "whatever this is, it is epic." Just sayin.'
- Gluten Free Popcorn pre popped - partly because it saves time, mostly because it's fun to say. You can make your own or be super lazy like me and use the Macro Woolworths organic packets of goodness.
- Rice Malt Syrup (I used Pure Harvest)
- Peanut Butter (I used Mayvers Smooth)
- Shredded Coconut (I used Absolute Organic from my Goodness Me Box)
- Chocolate for topping - again, make your own (few recipes back gives you an idea) or melt down a chosen chocolate. I did the second option for this, using Moo Free "milk" chocolate which is gluten free, organic and vegan.
- Mix a generous helping of both the Rice Malt and Peanut Butter - amounts are dependent on how big a serve you are making. Always have slightly more of the syrup then the PB (Horror! I know!) as this will balance the peanutty flavour and make it taste more like a caramel.
- Slowly add in the popcorn until it is completely coated.
- Press into a dish (I find glass works best and giving it a light spray of oil will make it easier to pop it out.)
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Melt / make chocolate and spread over the contents until covered. Place in fridge to set.
Note - If you don't want the chocolate, in this one very rare case I will understand, as this is already super sweet and nice without. Make that decision yourself, do I have to do everything around here?
Also, be warned, this gets messy. I am working on a base for this lovely slice, so stay tuned for some more fun!
Remember to tag me in any creations! @natalieshaw_xo
x x x