In follow up to my creamy risotto without the cream, I have died and gone to pasta heaven with a creamy fettucine without the cream. Before you ask, yes, I am going to share him (the recipe not the food, make you're own) with you. Before you ask the second question on your hungry lips (I know, I read minds), you might be wondering why I have named him Alfred. Well you see, this dish of pure perfection is based on an "Alfreddo Sauce" which is of course, traditionally very laden with the cream. I took the cream out. Hence, I let Alfreddo drop his 'O' and take the credit for being yummier. He's very grateful. Anyway, before this gets any weirder, here's the recipe. You're welcome. (Because I knew you were going to say thank you. Just like I know there is a 90% chance it isn't raining.)
Ingredients (serves one)
- Almond Milk (or your chosen dairy free milk) approx 70-100ml. Depends how milky you want it.
- Cheese - I use half/half Bio and Parmesan. Up to 20/30g each. (Extra for serving if you are the queen of cheese like me.)
- Button Mushrooms
- 1-2 slices of bacon
- Fettuccine (I used Gluten Free Latina Fresh - new and so, so good!)
- Cook bacon and mushrooms on a small saucepan for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Once the mushies have softened and the bacon is on the way to cooking, add the milk and stir.
- As the milk starts to decrease, add the cheese and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Leave on low while the pasta cooks - as per packet instructions.
- Stir sauce through the pasta and serve with extra cheese.
Before you ask, yes, I have been told I am a genius. Tag me in any creations lovelies! @natalieshaw_xo x x x