If you have ever wondered what heaven would taste like in a bowl, then my friends I have found it. Directly after gelato - no explanation needed. Earlier in the week, I had a craving for a creamy risotto, but as the queen of being allergic to basically air, I didn't necessarily want the "creamy." So I improvised. This is probably the best bit of improvisation I've ever done, car concert solo's not included. Read on if you too want to join the fun. (With the risotto not the car concerts, just to be clear.)
- 250-300ml of liquid chickens stock - I used Sue Shephard Fodmap Friendly.
- 15-20g Margarine or vegan friend such as Nuttelex
- 10g of mixed herbs - you could used garlic and onion as this is what most recipes would call for, I however - allergic to life remember - used a chicken herb mix from Rick Grant.
- 150g Steamed Basmati Rice - softened in the microwave. Yes, I was lazy and used a precooked bag. Life is too short, and I get far too hangry to fuss around.
- 40-50g frozen peas - thawed.
- 30g button mushrooms.
- 40-50g cheese - I mixed grated Bio Cheese (lactose free) and shaved parmesan.
- Extra veg such as spinach leaves if you wish.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to boil on medium heat. Turn down and leave on low while readying the other ingredients.
- Melt margarine in another pan/pot - I found a skillet worked best for me.
- Add herbs and rice and stir until coated.
- Pour in the stock little by little, allowing it to absorb each time.
- Add in your vegetables - and wait for them to soften before stirring in the cheese.
- Serve with extra cheese and/or some sliced chicken if vegetarian ain't your thing.
Hello heaven, we have arrived. Tag me in any creations lovelies! @natalieshaw_xo