Okay, I'm not going to ask all potato lovers in the house to put their hands up, mostly because this isn't the 90's and partly because I am damn sure I've done it before and at last count it was everyone. Duh. Since I also happen to know we all like cheese, yes even us lactose intolerant children, I'm going to skip right to the part where I say let's put the two together and watch them melt in spectacular fashion. Now, before you say, isn't that just a spud? Isn't that just putting some cheese on it and placing it in the oven? No and kind of.
Basically I have found the art to making cheesy potatoes so that they practically melt in your mouth. After they have baked and melted in the oven of course. And this is how:
- Cheese - I use a mix of parmesan and predominantly, Bio Cheese which is lactose free.
- Potatoes (obviously)
- Olive Oil Spray
- Ground Sea Salt
- With a knife, because what else would you use, slice some very small slits in the potatoes and put in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut larger slices in the potato - at least 3-4 in each.
- Place on an oiled tray and give a light spray. Sprinkle with sea salt and baked in the oven at 180 for approx 25-30 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven. The cuts you made will have slightly stuck back together so re open these and fill with the lactose free cheese (or cheese of choice) before sprinkling parmesan over the top.
- Bake for another 15.
I served mine with chicken cooked in herbs or tomato and capsicum relish as pictured.
Enjoy friends! x x x