And now, ladies and gentlemen, for a little something sweet. It seems I have posted so many savoury options lately - which is odd for someone with an incurable sweet tooth - and thus upon making and devouring a berry brownie, I thought out of the goodness of my sugar high fueled heart and gooey brownie filled stomach (because we all know that's where the heart truly lies), I would share the recipe with you. I know, I know, I'm brilliant.
- 20-30g Cacao and Cocoa powder (half/half - 10/15g each). I often use whatever I have on hand, but find a mix of the two has a slightly nicer taste - this doesn't make too much of a difference though, so feel free to play.
- Two large eggs
- 90g Rice Malt Syrup
- Almond Butter (130g)
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 40-50g chocolate of choice - I use vegan milk (Moo Free)
- 80g strawberries (fresh!)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence or powder.
Please note, these quantities are estimated so feel free to vary for bigger serves. This makes up to 6 or so small slices.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line an oiled loaf or cake tin.
- Combine eggs, almond butter, vanilla, baking soda, rice malt and chocolate powders and mix until smooth.
- Chop up chocolate into small chips and fold into the mixture.
- Dice strawberries and repeat step 3.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool slightly (if you can) and serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce. I melt a healthy nutella spread over the top. Note, this is also nice when mixed into the batter prior to cooking.
- Devour and thank me later. I accept tickets to New York happily.
Remember friends, if you can't afford the ticket to New York as a thank you, just remember to tag me in any creations, and I'll find a way to overlook it. @natalieshaw_xo
Nat x x x