The Table of Plenty fun has continued, this time in the form of choc chip granola banana bread muffins, and while that is a mouthful to say, it is a mouthwatering mouthful to eat. These are gluten free for the most part - the oat clusters do have gluten, but they are wheat free and easily digestible, and ridiculously good, so I think you can forgive me allergy prone friends. As mentioned on my instagram, I may or may not have been distracted by a certain Zac Efron image (hello younger Efron bro) and left these guys in the oven a tiny bit too long, hence the burnt edges that you will have to excuse. On the upside, these still got rave reviews, and if they can manage that with singed edges, imagine the possibilities when you manage to take them out on time!?
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150g Almond Meal
- 2g ground Cinnamon
- 2g GF Baking Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- 30g melted Coconut Oil
- 100g Rice Malt Syrup
- 30-50g Yummola Clusters - the banana yogurt flavour
- 50g vegan chocolate or chocolate of choice
- Combine almond meal, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl - stir through to make sure the powder is completely imbedded.
- Add your melted coconut oil, eggs and rice malt syrup and mix well.
- Mash bananas with a fork and fold into the mixture.
- Break chocolate into pieces and fold through.
- Stir in half your granola.
- Pour into muffin trays and top with remaining granola. Bake at 160 for 20-30 minutes - but definitely watch over them and avoid the burning problemo!
- You can add more of the granola/chocolate, and any other toppings. Enjoy!
These babies might just be a recurring event. And the Zac Efron image is saved. Success I say! Oh, and remember to tag me on instragram when you try! @natalieshaw_xo