Eggs. Poached, scrambled, in a cake... there are just so, so many yummy uses that for me, I just don't think life would be worth living without them. I'm all for veganism and appreciating other people beliefs, allergies (I have enough of them) etc, but me? Give me all the eggs.
This week I was all set to make a mean Fritatta or Zucchini Slice for dinner when inspiration hit in the form of my mother buying two small fresh quiches for herself and father bear. I thought, why the hell not give it a crack (of an egg shell) and see how much damage could be done. If it was a fail, an omelet could be whipped up in no time and hangriness would still be avoided. Diabolical plan really. And that my friends is how a little allergy friendly quiche was born. And eaten before anyone else could say "is that for me?" No, make your own. Here's how.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup / 70g self raising flour GF
- 1.5 cup of Almond Milk or your equivalent
- Roughly 40g each of grated Bio Cheese (lactose free) and shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbs / 50-60g Margarine or lactose free version
- Approx 30g Reduced Fat Feta
- 40-50g Spinach Leaves
- 100-120g Pumpkin
- Any other fillings you want - mushrooms/shallots would go down a treat.
- Cook your pumpkin - in the microwave will do, or lightly roasted in the oven. This is completely up to personal preference. It just needs to be soft.
- Mix flour, eggs, melted margarine, and milk in a big bowl.
- Fold in the two cheeses and stir until combined.
- Fold in your fillings including the pumpkin - keep feta out.
- Pour into a greased quiche pan/dish and crumble the feta in.
- You could sprinkle some GF breadcrumb over this is if you want to, your call friends!
- Bake for 30-40 mins at 180 degrees (preheated)
- Serve with side salad/veg and crispy potatoes or GF chips - Logan's Farm do a great frozen chip.
This is probably the most eggsellent (yeah, I went there) recipe I have done in a while. There was every intent to share it with my vegetarian sister, but this just did not happen. Maybe bake two. You're welcome.
Remember to tag! @natalieshaw_xo
Nat x x x