If you read Women's Health Magazine (Australia) you would notice they have some great tips and food tricks up their sleeve. If you don't read it, then obviously you're missing out. Lucky for you, I took one of their genius recipes from last month and adapted it to be gluten free and allergy friendly. My uncle took to standing in front of my car and blocking my way of leaving until I promised more, so I think we can say this was a hit. I give you, Peanut Butter Crispy Treats.
- Sugar (I use unrefined golden caster sugar - Billingotn's) 100g
- Peanut Butter (I used Mayvers Smooth) 100g
- Rice Malt Syrup (I used Organic) 90-100g
- Brown Rice Puffs (I used Lotus) 50g (give or take here, the original recipe calls for more, but I couldn't fit more than 50g and this made up to 10 serves)
- Heat up a stove and measure out your quantities.
- Combine all ingredients, except the rice puffs, and place on a low heat while constantly stirring.
- Stir puffed rice into the mixture until coated.
- Press into a a pan/bowl and place in fridge for it to set.
- Extra fun tip: before leaving it to set, melt some chocolate and drizzle over it. You'll thank me later.
Devour and for the love of all things peanutty, share with your uncle!
Nat x x x