Who here likes fried rice? Stupid question. Who here wants fried rice right now? Even stupider question. I am going to skip the logistics because I don't actually think there is anyone in their right mind who would answer negatively to those questions. Instead, I'm going to skip right on through to the simplest recipe for homecooked fried rice that is super yummy and healthy. It is gluten free and can easily be lactose free too! Best. Recipe. Ever. If you don't believe me, I advise that you cook it yourself and eat your words. After you've eaten the rice, duh.
- Your choice of white or brown rice (I mix the two) pre cooked. I use approx 70g of each (140g all up for anyone who cannot do maths at this time of the morning, I don't judge) for a single serve.
- 1 to 2 Free Range Eggs.
- Corn - I chop up baby corn cobs, frozen peas and corn also work
- Green end of the shallots/spring onion
- Margarine (or lactose free partner)
- Pre cook your rice while the stove is heating up.
- Dice all veggies.
- Add margarine to the pan and let melt a little before adding rice and vegetables. Give it a good stir.
- Add eggs and stir until the other ingredients are coated.
- Constantly stir/toss around the pan until cooked. Should only take 5 minutes - it is a super quick recipe! Don't overdo it!
- Serve as itself, or with some chicken on the side.
You can always add more / different types of vegetables to suit your taste, and if you want to get really fun, add two spring rolls from the Gluten Free Bakery on the side. An allergy prone humans heaven.
Nat x x x