Oh hey there friends! It's been a while hasn't it? Bet you thought I'd forgotten about you, but never fear, I've just been eating. And that is a good thing because what I've been eating is what I've been cooking and what I've been cooking is what I'm about to share with you. Brilliant, yes? I know. So, without too much rambling - which I will probably do anyway - I think I will give you a little recipe for a little pot of gold. Or pie, but that's pretty much the same thing.
See, I like pie, but pie doesn't tend to like me. Being all gluten intolerant and what not it's pretty hard to find one that is safe as well as delicious. So instead, I decided to make my own. Before I get into it - see? rambling.. - I'd like to state that I also like potato, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you do too because, well, who doesn't? Anyway! With this in mind, my pie is a super simple gluten free take on Shepperd's Pie - those little pots of fun your mum used to serve you on a cold winter's night. If she didn't, you led a very dark childhood and I apologise. It's okay though, cook it yourself tonight!
- Lean Mince Meat
- Margarine / allergy friendly equivalent
- 10/15ml milk / same as above
- Cheese (I use lactose free and parmesan mixed)
- Diced carrots, capsicum, mushroom
- Sauce (I used a blend of Avyar Relish and Passata)
- Peas to serve
- Boil water and add potatoes for the mashed topping.
- Cook your chosen amount of meat on low heat in a pan, pour in sauce once browned.
- Chop up the veggies and also add to mix.
- Take meat and veg mix out and place into oven proof bowl.
- Take potatoes off stove once cooked and mash with margarine and milk.
- Layer the potato over the meat mixture and top with cheese. ( you may also like to add some crumb, this is your call - live a little folks ;) )
- Bake in oven for up to 30/40 mins.
- Serve with a side of peas.
Enjoy and don't forget to tag me in your creations!
Nat x x x