If you are like me and swear that on all things gelato and pasta related you were Italian in a past life, then this is a recipe you can thank me for later. Or now, with gelato. But, before we get caught up in the applause let me explain. The family was making a lasagne with vegetarian mince and normal dairy cheese. As I am the allergy prone child - like literally allergic to life - this wasn't going to work for me. But lasagne people, how can one say no? One does not. One simply makes their own gluten and lactose free version with a twist just for kicks.
You see, by replacing lasagne sheets with their gluten free counterpart (thanks Sam Remo), and cheese with parmesan and My Life Bio Cheese, you've already got the basis of one allergy friendly meal. Being me and having an addiction to vegetables, I decided these needed to be present, and thus stacked my meat between layers of both the pasta and my favourite veggies. The outcome? I'll let you be the judge of that yourself. P.S You can leave the gelato in my freezer, but good luck finding the room.. ;)
Ingredients for a single serve
- 1 GF pasta sheet
- Passata or Pasta sauce of choice
- Parmesan and vegan cheese of choice if allergic to lactose
- Spinach leaves
- Extra Lean Mince
- Pre heat your oven to 180
- Lightly grease a pyrex dish with some olive oil spray
- Cook your mince with sauce in a pan until cooked through and allow to cool
- Cut eggplant and zucchini into thin slices and relieve of excess moisture
- Place pasta sheet into bottom of the dish before coating with your first layer of meat
- Place in the eggplant and zucchini and second layer of meat to cover
- Add a layer of spinach leaves and then cover in cheeses
- Cook covered in foil for up to 30 mins, and 10-15 uncovered.
Eat and repeat because it's just that good. As always, tag me in any creations! Enjoy!
Nat x x x