Right. As mentioned in my previous post, and taking note of the incredibly icky and rainy weather that has taken hold of Sydney this morning, I've decided to go all wintery themed on you here. Technically these recipes can be eaten all year round, and let's face it, they usually are considering how yummy they taste, but, predominantly, they are the perfect meal for a not so perfect weather day. Please also note, that I do not take credit for the idea of Chicken Soup or Risotto quite clearly, nor am I saying these babes are in any way my clear cut recipe. The soup is simply how I have been taught by mother bear dearest and adapted to my dietary requirements, and the risotto was simply a happy accident when trying to add some flavour to a plain dish. These things happen. Without further ado..
- Free Range Chicken breast
- Chicken Stock - I used the liquid, Sue Shepherd brand - low fodmap and GF
- Swede (or Turnip)
- Corn (canned is ideal, I chop up baby corn cobs)
- Rice to serve
- Chop and add all ingredients to a large cooking pot
- Add the liquid stock - use half to the full packet depending on your portion sizes
- Cover with lid and cook on low to medium heat for approx an hour
- I stir and add some ground sea salt throughout the process
- Serve on a bed of rice
- Chicken if you wish to add a meat
- Rice (pre cooked usually works better, I use Tilda Brown Basmati)
- Shallots / Spring Onion greens
- Passata (or Sue Shepherds Roasted Veg Sauce)
- Baby Corns sliced in half long-ways
- Give a pan a light spray of oil and add precooked rice with sauce. Stir and allow to cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Chop up all other ingredients and add to pan - leave shallots almost like a garnish
- Make sure all ingredients are completely coated in the sauce, cook for approx 15 minutes, give or take.
- A Sprinkle of Parmesan would also not go astray!
- Serve and enjoy :)
Enjoy your warm foods and keep clear of the rainy grey muck outside friends! Life is better in front of a heater. And with ice cream... ;)