So a while ago, I'm talking Christmas last year, I came across a recipe online that seemed too good to be true. It told me you could make mac and cheese without the store bought stuff, in a microwave, in something ridiculous like 3 minutes, Naturally, I had to test this theory and then make it my own - by turning it vegan and gluten free. As it was so long ago, I don't have the original link to say "thank you you are a goddess" to and point everyone in that direction, but, I do have my ingredients and method to share. You're welcome.
- 100g Gluten Free Macaroni Elbows (I used Orgran)
- 140ml Almond Milk (I used Almond Breeze Vanilla Unsweetened)
- Bio Life Cheese - shredded. Can also use finely grated Parmesan for a very low lactose.
- Fill a microwave proof bowl (large / oversized) with gluten free macaroni elbows and Almond Milk (or milk of choice.)
- Place this atop a flat bowl or something similar to catch any overspill, and put in microwave.
- Microwave on high for one minute, stir and repeat. The amount of times you do this will vary on your microwave and quantities of course, but shouldn't be more than say, 3 minutes. You know it is ready when the noodles feel cooked (the normal squishy texture) and there is only a small amount of liquid left.
- When ready, take out and immediately add in the cheese and stir until completely coating the macaroni.