I love a good salad like the next rabbit and thus, over a few posts, will be sharing some of my favourite combos. Some of these might be a little average - I am not claiming that they are overly original or creative - but that my friends is precisely the point. A "go-to" salad doesn't need to be fancy, it just needs to be easy and yummy. Hopefully, these posts will give you a little inspiration in creating just that.
Protein, Pumpkin & Greens
- Approx 150g (or more if hungry) Jap pumpkin. You can of course use any type, this is simply my pumpkin of choice.
- Chicken - whether it is cooked by you on the pan or pre cooked. Hans does a super nice gluten free pulled chicken which has all the flavour of a BBQ chicken without the additives or glutenous enemy.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Organic Spinach Leaves
- Avocado - never too much
- Any other extras you might like, could include: capsicum, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant.
- Ground Sea Salt
- Chop pumpkin into bite sizes and place on tray in the oven. Coat in the oil and some sea salt for flavour. Cook for approx 30-40 minutes - depends on oven and how cooked you like it.
- Wash spinach leaves and place on plate. Cut avocado and toss the slices in.
- Cook chicken (or take from packet, thanks Hans!) and add to the mix.
- If doing any of the extras these can be baked or grilled - your choice.
- Add pumpkin once cooked and any of the extras. Sprinkle with a little extra salt.
- You're welcome.
This salad is perfect both hot and cold - enjoy! :) x x x