A short while ago I melted down some vegan chocolate and whipped up a generous serve of Rocky Road. Swapping ingredients such as the glace cherries / red lollies for super food goji berries, and opting for organic nuts and dairy free choccy, I managed to recreate this crowd favourite slice minus the naughty allergies. You can choose to put in marshmallows (GF of course) or leave them out to lessen the refined sugars further. Either way, it has been confirmed that this recipe is a "winner, winner, chocolate dinner!" Because a) life is short and dessert should always be eaten first, and, b) chocolate.
- Vegan Chocolate - I used the Oxfam Dark Chocolate from the October Goodness Me Box, I also often use my go-to, Moo "milk" chocolate.
- Shredded Coconut - I used the Absolute Organic brand from the September Goodness Me Box
- Goji Berries (If you prefer the red lollies, you can also use the GF and FODMAP friendly Strawberry Creams from Sue Sheppard and simply cut off the white half - your call!)
- Nuts - I used almonds, walnuts and/or macadamias.
- Koco au Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Mix - optional
- Marshmallows (GF) - optional
- Prepare your chosen dish - I often use a round glass dish and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Melt down your chosen chocolate. There are many ways to do this - I do it the least fussiest and fanciest! Soften in the microwave. Fill kitchen sink with boiled water and place bowl in so it floats. Stir constantly. Be super careful not to get water in or it's all over friends.
- Pour chocolate into a large bowl. Chop nuts and add to the chocolate, mixing until coated.
- Add remaining ingredients and repeat step three. FYI if you're using the Salted Caramel fun, the more the merrier I say. I also say this for coconut. But that's just me!
- Place in fridge / freezer to set.
- Dust with extra Salted Caramel if you desire (which I always do) and break into chunks. Devour.